Starting with an introduction to jQuery, you will first be shown how to write a functioning jQuery program in just three lines of code. Learn how to add impact to your actions through a set of simple visual effects and to create, copy, reassemble, and embellish content using jQuery's DOM modification methods. The book will take you through many detailed, real-world examples, and even equip you to extend the jQuery library itself with your own plug-ins.
What you will learn from this book:
• Create interactive elements for your web designs
• Learn how to create the best user interface for your web applications
• Use selectors in a variety of ways to get anything you want from a page
• Make things happen on your webpages with events
• Add flair to your actions with a variety of animation effects
• Discover the new features available in jQuery in this third update of this popular jQuery book