A Supplement for Food Science & Engineering Students Who Need to Improve Their Mathematical Skills
A remedial textbook for understanding mathematical theories and formulas, Math Concepts for Food Engineering, Second Edition helps students improve their mathematical skills so that they can succeed in food engineering courses. The text illustrates the importance of mathematical concepts and relates them to the study of food engineering.
New to the Second Edition
· Straightforward explanations of basic balance and transport principles used in food engineering
· Various exercises throughout that use spreadsheets, which are available on the publisher’s website
· A chapter on mass transfer
· A mathematical skills screening quiz
· A simple units-conversion page