Welcome to Perl Training Australia’s Perl for System Administration. This is a one-day module in
which we will cover system administration users for Perl.
• Brief introduction to Perl.
• Filesystem analysis and traversal.
• Mail processing and filtering.
• Privilege and security considerations.
• Logfile processing and monitoring.
• System interaction, wrappers, and process manipulation.
• Interacting with network services.
This training module assumes the following prior knowledge and skills:
• Previous programming experience.
• Thorough understanding of operators and functions, conditional constructs, subroutines and basic regular expressions concepts.